Hello Fulbright (and potential) Applicants!
This is a friendly reminder that the USC Fulbright deadline is just about 2 months away. Wherever you are in the application process, we hope these suggestions help you take your proposal planning and drafting to the next level.
If you have not done so already, make it a priority to begin your application online. Select USC as your host institution for question #5 on the “B. Application Form” section.
- Watch the USC Academic Honors and Fellowships Fulbright Information Session.
- Watch all Fulbright Recorded Webinars that are applicable to your grant.
- If you are apply for a research grant, read over the attached presentation for crafting a strong essay.
- Review the Fulbright Application Tips section.
- Expect to write 5-6 drafts (or more) of your essays.
- Ask faculty in your field or a mentor to review your drafts and provide feedback.
- Come into the office and read the binders of successful Fulbright applicant essays.
- Search the Fulbright Grantee Directory by school, field and/or year. Reach out to folks who have already been to your target country on Fulbright.
- Secure three recommenders who know you the best and can speak to your project proposal (teaching English, research and/or study) while on Fulbright.
Remember that all components of your application are due September 14 by 4:30pm. This includes your letters of recommendation, and any applicable materials such as – affiliation letter, language form and supplemental materials.
We are happy to schedule a time to meet with you in person or chat over the phone. Our office is open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability.
We look forward to working with you on your Fulbright journey!
Academic Honors and Fellowships Staff